This service is for people wishing to start productive gardens – vegetable and/or fruit production.
I visit your property for between 1-3 hours (usually dependent upon size and what you want to do) and then draw up a report of what needs doing.
The advice sessions covers:
• How much productive garden is needed dependent upon family size, space and time available
• Site and aspect
• Soil type, building and improvement including how to pH test
• Gardening systems – eg raised beds
• Compost systems
• Liquid fertilizers
• Weeding and mulching
• Protection of crops
• Companion planting
• Timing of planting
• Types of plants to grow – vegetables, fruit, herbs
• Annual and perennial plants
• Seasonal planting
• Garden maintenance
This is an advice service and not a garden design service – it is a written report which sets out the steps to start to build a productive garden.
Cost – $50/hr + travel (52c/km). You can take notes as we progress around the garden, or alternatively I supply a written report for $50 inclusive. All costs are inclusive of GST.