This service is for people wishing to start productive gardens – vegetable and/or fruit production.
I visit your property for between 1-3 hours (usually dependent upon size and what you want to do). You can then take notes of our discussion, or I can write up a report of what needs doing.
The advice sessions covers:
• How much productive garden is needed dependent upon family size, space and time available
• Site and aspect
• Soil type, building and improvement including how to pH test
• Shelter planting and species
• Gardening systems – eg raised beds, lasagne beds, mandalas
• Tools – hand and machinery
• Compost systems – 3 bay bins, tumblers, black bins, hot and cold compost
• Liquid fertilizers – seaweed, comfrey, compost teas
• Weeding and mulching
• Protection of crops
• Companion planting and orchard and plant guilds
• Timing of planting – Spring through to winter
• Types of plants to grow – vegetables, fruit, herbs
• Annual and perennial plants
• Seasonal planting
• Garden maintenance
This is an advice service and not a garden design service – it is a verbal or written report which sets out the steps to start to build a productive garden.
Cost – $75/hr + travel (63c/km). You can take notes as we progress around the garden, or alternatively I supply a written report for $75 inclusive. There is a minimum fee of $100.